A couple weeks back I was at home alone and got a craving for something sweet. I originally was going to pour myself a bowl of my boyfriend's sugar cereal and found the following recipe on the back of the box. It sounded like a much more delicious use for store brand Fruity Pebbles.
It appealed to my inner child for a multitude of reasons. The main reason was, of course, that they were colorful. They were chewy and crisp at the same time, like a perfect oatmeal cookie. Except unlike an oatmeal cookie, there was none of that pesky fiber. They even have that great, somewhat artificial fruit taste that that type of cereal always has. I'm ashamed that this cookie is as great as it is.
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups fruity pebbles cereal
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla.
- Add in flour and baking powder and mix until incorporated. Fold in fruity pebbles cereal.
- Scoop cookies onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes at 325 or until lightly browned around the edges.