Sometimes you just need something comforting for dinner.
These kinds of dinners happen from time to time.
I realize that this isn't an authentic spaghetti carbonara. Real carbonara should not have peas, and it should use pancetta instead of bacon. Oh well. This is still tasty and that little bit of green makes me feel a little less guilty about eating bacon, eggs, pasta and cheese for dinner.
We tend to make this on those rare occasions when the only foods we have in the house are breakfast foods (yet we don't feel like breakfast). I'm sure this happens to everyone. Most of the time we have an omelet but sometimes, something a little different is good too
Hope you enjoy
- 1 lb dry spaghetti
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 oz slab bacon
- 4 eggs
- splash of milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesean cheese
- black pepper
- fresh parsley
- ½ cup peas
- Sautee bacon to release a little oil. Then sautee onion and garlic until translucent. Add peas and let aside.
- Mix eggs, milk, cheese and pepper
- Boil spaghetti until al dente and drain. Immediately stir in egg mixture, slowly pouring in the eggs while quickly stirring the pasta to create a sauce
- Stir in the bacon mixture and fresh parsley
- Garnish with a little extra cheese