Shrimp Scampi


When I cook for someone else in my household, meals are delicious and balanced. They involve protein, starch and vegetables. However, when my boyfriend is out of town for work and I am by myself for a few days, my meals are not balanced. On those days, my meals consist of celery and peanut butter, or a pound of shellfish and half a bottle of wine. My favorite option is shrimp scampi. There is no easier recipe

Shrimp Scampi

Ingredients

  • 1 lb shrimp, peeled in de-veined
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
  • chopped parsley
  • salt and pepper
  • zest and juice of one lemon
  • splash of white wine

Directions

  1. Sautee garlic in butter. Add peeled shrimp and season as desired
  2. Add lemon and white wine until it’s cooked off. Add parsley at the very end and cook until just barely done.

Comments