Life has been utterly insane these past few weeks. I apologize for my lack of posts on this blog. My husband and I are moving to California in the very near future and all of our free time has been spent seeing friends, packing boxes, eating the food in our freezer and worrying about where we will live and what job I will have.
It will be a wonderful, scary experience. My last day of work is coming up in one week (I can't believe it) and then it's time to go into panic mode.
At least this recipe used up a pork shoulder and the rest of a jar of pickles. Slow and steady!
- 2 lbs pork shoulder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp dry oregano
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 2 arbol chilies
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup orange juice
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- Cuban or Vietnamese sandwich rolls
- Swiss cheese
- dill pickles
- yellow mustard
- butter for toasting
- Season pork well with salt and pepper and brown on all sides in a large, heavy bottomed pot.
- Place pork in crockpot with cumin, oregano, garlic, chilies, onion, chicken stock, orange uice, lime juice and bay leaves. Cook on low for 8 hours or until pork can be pulled apart
- Slice open your sandwich bread and spread both sides with yellow mustard. Add thin sliced deli ham, swiss cheese, thinly sliced dill pickles and your roast pork to the sandwich.
- Butter your panini press and grill sandwich until crunchy on the outside. Slice on a bias and serve.
One year ago: Blueberry Oatmeal Yogurt Muffins
Two years ago Fried Green Tomato BLT Salad
Three years ago Japanese Potato Salad
Four years ago Sourdough Danishes
Five years ago: Coconut Flour Cake With Fudge Frosting