I love cooking anything I can in our crockpot. It makes life and dinners so much easier. I knew I wanted to make a pulled pork but I wanted to make it different. No BBQ sauce or anything like that.
If you can't find pork without skin, you can peel it and turn it into chicharones by drying it and deep frying it. They will add some delicious crunch to your sandwich. Serve it with any vinegar based coleslaw or pickled vegetables. There will be plenty of leftovers for lunches the next day.
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sriracha hot chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1½ tablespoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1½ teaspoons Chinese five-spice
- 4 pounds boneless butt pork roast, trimmed of fat and cut into 2 inch chunks
- pickled vegetables or coleslaw
- 8-10 kaiser rolls or potato rolls
- Mix all ingredients except rolls, pork and vegetables together.
- Whisk until honey is dissolved. Add pork and toss to coat.
- Add to crockpot and cook on high for one hour. Turn down to low and cook another 8 hours.
- Pull pork with forks. Skim fat off cooking liquid. Add pork back.
- Serve on rolls with slaw