This Secret Recipe Club reveal week!
This week we have a special theme reveal. There are 5 Mondays this month and this week's theme is Fall recipes.
You all already know all about Secret Recipe Club. Every month, a group of bloggers make another member's recipe (in secret, of course) and reveal on a particular day. I usually participate in group C, the 3rd Monday of the month, but this week everyone is participating together to make some delicious fall recipes.
Usually, theme reveal day is pretty easy. There's usually only 10 or so recipes that fit that theme and you pick your favorite one. It might be difficult because you can't find anything you want to make, never the other way around.
This month, I had a hard time with Amy's Cooking Adventures because there were just too many delicious recipes. I had about 20 tabs open when I was letting my husband pick what I should make. Amy has tons of recipes involving pumpkin and fall flavors and more soups than I can count. When I think fall, I always think soup first.
The man picked her Rosemary Chicken Chowder for me to make. I really wanted to make these awesome Pumpkin Pie Bars, but he vetoed that one (not sure why...he usually has a sweet tooth). Doesn't matter because I'm sure happy he told me to make this chowder. It was absolutely delicious with chicken, bacon, corn (I kind of mixed to recipes) and just the right amount of rosemary. Thank you so much Army! I will 100% make this recipe (and so many of your other recipes) again.
- 3 slices of bacon, cut into half inch pieces
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 2 large sprigs of fresh rosemary, minced
- `1 bay leaf
- 12 oz potatoes, diced into bit sized pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 can cannelini beans, drained
- 1 bunch kale, removed from stalks and chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in a heavy bottom pot and render the fat. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Add to the pot and brown well on all sides. Remove from pot and dice into small pieces
- Add onion, garlic and celery. Cook until aromatic.Add hers, chicken, potatoes and chicken stock. Cook until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through
- In a separate pot, melt butter and stir in flour until it smells nutty. Whisk in milk to form a bechamel sauce and set aside.
- When potatoes are almost cooked through, add milk mixture to the pot, stirring constantly. Add beans, corn and kale and let thicken slightly.
- Add cream cheese at the very end, stirring until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with fresh parsley and the reserved bacon.