Okay, I'm back from vacation. Took a while to get back into the swing of things
The wedding went amazingly well and the honeymoon was fantastic. We vacationed in Belize (such a beautiful country) with plenty of adventure, relaxation and gorgeous sights. We ate plenty of local food (recipes from a local cookbook to come, for sure). It was very hard to come back to real life and back to real work.
I made this ice cream before leaving, but I didn't have a chance to share the recipe. It utilizes our new KitchenAid ice cream maker attachment (awesome wedding gift) and the recipe comes the included recipe book
French Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2.5 cups half and half
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 2.5 cups heavy cream
- 4 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Simmer half and half until just before boiling, stirring constantly
- Mix yolks and sugar with wire whip until thickened and glossy yellow
- Slowly temper egg yolks with half and half. Return to stove and heat until steamy, stirring constantly.
- Mix vanilla, heavy cream and salt with egg mixture. Cover with plastic and chill overnight.
- Churn according to ice cream maker directions. Freeze until desired texture is reached.