This recipe is chewy and uses any fruit juice you desire. For this one, I used Tropicana blueberry pomegranate juice, but in the future I would recommend those Trader Joes 100% fruit juices as opposed to the cocktails. They will have a more intense flavor.
I left these gummies plain, but in the future I would roll them in sugar and citric acid to make them taste like sour patch kids.
- 4 tbsp (4 envelopes) unflavored gelatin
- ⅔ cup strained fruit juice (I used pomegranate blueberry)
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp light corn syrup
- food coloring if desired
- superfine sugar or citric acid
- Cook juice, syrup and sugar over medium heat until sugar dissolves
- Soften gelatin in 4 tbsp water Stir in gelatin and continue stirring until it too is completely dissolved
- Pour into prepared 6 inch pan and let set until set completely
- Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutter or sharp knife.
- Roll in super fine sugar or citric acid combination if desired, or serve plain.