Sadly, it is the second to last Secret Recipe Club reveal day. I've loved Secret Recipe Club since I joined over two years ago. It has kept me diligently blogging and making new, delicious recipes on a regular basis. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to stay motivated to keep up this blog now that it's gone, but if any of you know of other good food blog challenges, please let me know!
Secret Recipe Club is a great collection of bloggers who make another member's recipe (in secret, of course) and write about it on a given reveal day. This week is group C's reveal day and I think I picked an excellent choice for my reveal.
I was assigned Lynsey Lou by Lynsey, a wife and food blogger. Her blog is full of delicious looking recipes (especially desserts). She had a great number of recipes I wanted to make, including Sour Cream Doughnut and Chewy Gingersnap Cookies. However, I knew we needed a main dish option this week so I ended up making her French Dip Sandwiches.
Man, this was a delicious sandwich. The store was out of brisket, so we ended up using a cheaper chuck roast instead (which I honestly always prefer for braises). This meal came together so quickly, easily and perfectly. It was a perfect Monday night dinner that smelled amazing after coming home from a long day at work. Best of all, this meal served us for multiple nights, including rice bowls and a great, re-purposed beef ragu with red wine fettuccine (recipe for that to come later).
This meat was super tender and perfectly savory. This will certainly make it into our regular meal rotation and I highly recommend it for anyone who needs a new, delicious slow cooker recipe.
- 1 3lb beef chuck roast
- 1 Tbsp bacon fat (or 3 slices bacon)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 gloves minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Sliced provolone cheese
- Hoggie rolls
- Fresh parsley for serving
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Sear in the rendered bacon fat until well browned on all sides.
- Place onion, garlic, mushrooms, bay leaf, Worcestershire, honey, thyme, and broth in the crockpot. Place beef on top and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Toast the bread in a little butter. Place cheese on the bread and place hot shredded beef on top.
- Serve sandwich with leftover broth for dipping and enjoy
One year ago Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Two years ago Thanksgiving Turkey Burgers
Five years ago Bagels