Pork tenderloin is small...they're only about a pound each. One tenderloin is good for about 3 people for dinner, so you might want to make sure. This recipe is good for about 2 pork tenderloins
Ingredients for pork and stuffing.
- 1/2 onion
- 2 ribs of celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 carrot
- 2 apples
- stale bread
- fresh sage and thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- chicken stock
- 2 pork tenderloins
- Saute onions, celery, garlic, carrot and apples in a little bacon fat until vegetables are tender. Add herbs and seasoning.
- Pour vegetables in a bowl with stale bread cubes. Pour a little chicken stock over it just to moisten it. Let cool to room temperature.
- Butterfly open the pork tenderloin and spread out. Place filling in the pork and roll back up. Tie tightly with kitchen twine.
- Season pork with salt and pepper. Sear hard on all sides and roast pork loin in the oven until internal temperature of the stuffing reaches 145 degrees (about an hour)
- Remove and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
For sour cherry sauce, chop up some pitted sweet cherries packed in syrup. Saute in a little butter and add a good splash of rice vinegar. Pour some of the syrup over and let cook until reduced, adding more sugar, syrup or vinegar to taste.