Anzac Biscuits refer to the Australian and New Zealand Army. They were originally sent as part of rations and they actually get better as they get a little more stale. Give them a week and they are amazing (not that they ever last that long)
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup AP flour
- 1 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup (can get at Wegmans or Whole Foods)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp hot water
- pinch of salt.
- Mix together sugar, flour, coconut and oats.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan with salt and golden syrup. When hot and bubbling slightly, add baking soda and water, stirring quickly until it froths
- Add liquid to dry ingredients and mix.
- Drop tablespoons of cookie dough on parchment/silpat lined baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees. For me, it's about 12 minutes.