Pimento cheese is one of those horrible things I've learned to love since moving to Virginia. I always loved it growing up because my nanny would have it at her house from time to time, but I didn't have it for almost 20 years. I moved out here and had it at a friend's house as part of a cheese tray and I was hooked all over again. It's so delicious even though I know it's just cheese and mayonnaise. I know it's so bad for you yet it's one of my favorite things with crackers or crusty bread.
You can alter it to fit your tastes, but I make it with a combination of cream cheese and cheddar. I like the texture the cream cheese gives. This is a guess since I never really make it the same way twice, but give it a shot for your next football party.
- 2 oz cream cheese, whipped until soft
- 1/2 cup diced pimento peppers
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or more if desired)
- a couple spoonfulls of mayonnaise
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste.
- Mix cream cheese until soft. Add pimento peppers and cheddar cheese and mix until just combined. Add in mayonnaise and adjust seasoning to taste.