This kiwi sorbet is one of the most beautiful dessert. The color is so pretty and the seed spots are so much fun. It tastes like summer (my husband says it's too sweet and to a certain extent I agree, but a little scoop as dessert is great).
Like all of my sorbet recipes, this is super easy and follows my basic recipe. Equal parts simple syrup and fruit puree with lemon/lime juice and salt to even it out. Unlike my other sorbet recipes, you don't strain this one (otherwise you'll take out all those amazing seeds.) Don't puree the fruit too much either (like in a Vitamix) because it will become bitter if you break up the seeds.
- fresh kiwis, skin removed
- simple syrup, 1:1 ratio
- lemon juice
- Cook sugar and water to create your 1:1 ratio simple syrup and let cool
- Puree your kiwi and measure out equal parts of fruit puree and simple syrup. mix together.
- Add salt and acid to even out the flavor of the sorbet. Let cool completely in the refrigerator.
- Churn according to ice cream maker directions.