Three Layer Christmas Jello


I made this jello for our Thanksgiving this year. My mother would always make it every Thanksgiving and Christmas because it looks so perfect for the holidays. My grandmother really enjoyed it and it was one of my favorite desserts at during the holidays.

In retrospect, it's kind of weird. I mean, who actually enjoys jello? But it tastes like childhood and that is the main reason I made it this Thanksgiving. I even made a special effort to share it with you so that you might have it this Christmas.

I hope everyone has enjoyed the season thusfar. I end this post with a picture of our cat, Because I am a cruel cat Mommy





Note: this can also be made for 4th of July with a slight change of colors.

Three Layer Christmas Jello

Ingredients

  • 1 6oz box of cherry jello
  • 1 6oz box of lemon jello
  • 1 6oz box lime jello
  • 6 oz cream cheese
  • 1 cup mini marshmallows
  • 1 16oz can crushed pineapple, juice reserved
  • 1 cup heavy cream

Directions
  1. Prepare the cherry jello according to the package directions. Pour into clear parfait glasses or a casserole dish and put in the refrigerator until set
  2. Mix lemon yellow is 1 1/2 cups of boiling water. After jello is dissolved, Beat cream cheese and marshmallows in using an electric mixer. Marshmallows should melt slightly, but not fully.
  3. Beat the heavy cream until it holds stiff peaks. 
  4. Add pineapple to the jello mixture with half a cup of the reserved pineapple juice.
  5. Fold in whipped cream and pour lemon layer on top of the cherry layer. Let set in the refrigerator.
  6. Make lime jello according to box directions. Let cool to room temperature on the counter before pouring on the middle layer, otherwise the colors will run.
  7. Let set and enjoy.

Comments