I wasn't expecting much from this dish, but they are delicious. They are super buttery (so this is just a once in a while dish) and versatile. I use whatever leftovers I seem to have in the fridge when making these and just serve it with a nice salad. Best of all, this is a great dish for a lazy dinner as well when you just can't muster the energy to make real food.
Give it a shot. I'm sure you'll like it.
Breakfast Crescent Rolls
- 1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 4 eggs
- 4 strips of bacon, half cooked
- a couple slices of onion
- Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Roll out the crescent rolls and divide into 4 rectangles
- Pinch the sides slightly to create a lip. Place bacon and onion and crack an egg in the center
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, Add fresh herbs and cheese
- Bake at 375 for about 12 minutes. Check after 10 minutes, depending on how firm you like your eggs. The white should be cooked and the yolk should be firm, but soft
- Eat immediately with a light salad or fruit.