I think this is my new favorite snack to make when we have folks over for some low key football/board games at our house. Of course, we still provide the standards (fruit, cheese, crudite veggies, chips) and other things we always have in the house. This was a fairly recent discovery. I saw this idea on pinterest and have made it at least 3 times in the last month. It's that easy and that good.
If you are going to compare this to anything, I think it is most similar to corn nuts. It's just as crunchy and addictive, but a lot healthier. I really don't feel so bad about eating all of them. They are very versatile and you can change the flavors any way you see fit (curry powder, chili powder, dill for a pseudo ranch flavored...)
Chili Spiced Chickpeas
- 1 14oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch of garlic powder
- a little less than 1 tsp salt
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper, depending on your desired spice level
- Toss chickpeas with all ingredients
- Spread on a sheet pan and bake in the oven at 350 until mostly dry and crunchy (will continue to harden as it cools).
- Check after half an hour, but it will probably take closer to 45 minutes or an hour.