Spinach pasta dough



Thanks for all the love with Secret Recipe Club everyone! I loved joining the community, seeing so many great posts and getting so many great comments on my own. I can't wait until next month.

Until then, I have so many other wonderful things to show you!

Making fresh pasta has become one of my favorite activities on my days off. You'd think that when I'm not working in the kitchen, the last thing I would want to do is cook more at home; however, I find certain things very relaxing on my day off. I love making pasta and I love making gyoza. It's a mindless task I can do in the living room while watching a movie, and it gives me plenty of leftovers I can store in the pantry or the freezer. 

This spinach pasta is a wonderful color before cooking and it retains its color after cooking. It looks beautiful and tastes delicious with just olive oil, Parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper and black pepper. It's a very easy second course for dinner. In this case, it was an afternoon snack with the leftover scrap pasta after making ravioli (recipe to be posted later)

Spinach Pasta dough 
  • 5 ounces all purpose flour
  • 5 ounces semolina flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 160 grams fresh baby spinach, stems remove
Directions
  1. Bring a pot of liberally salted water to a boil. Blanch spinach in water until just wilted and shock in cold water to preserve the color
  2. Squeeze water out and chop in both directions so the final product will not be stringy. Place spinach and eggs in a food processor and blend until smooth. It will not be uniform, but the spinach pieces will be very very small.
  3. Pour egg mixture into the flour and form pasta dough. You can use volcano method or stand mixer. If too wet, add more flour mixture as needed
  4. Let rest for 30 minutes for the gluten to relax
  5. Roll pasta to desired thickness through your pasta roller. Boil until done and serve as desired.



Comments