I'm always looking for new, different, exciting salads. There's only so often you can eat a regular romaine or spring mix salad (though those can be excellent also). I don't have a story about this post. There's nothing brilliant about my life I can share. But it was a very simple recipe that used both canned and fresh ingredients. It is an easy, protein filled side dish for your next at home dinner.
Kale Chickpea Salad
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3 large kale leaves, chipped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- juice from one lemon
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt/pepper/cumin/allspice to taste
- feta cheese or Parmesan to finish if desired.
- Thoroughly rinse your garbanzo beans and dry briefly. Toss with kale and parley
- Add lemon juice, olive oil and garlic.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. Adjust olive oil and lemon as necessary. chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours. The longer it sits, the better it will taste.
- Finish with cheese before serving if desired.