With christmas right around the corner, this is the perfect item to add to a last minute candy plate. It's an easy recipe with a wonderfully crunch, nutty texture. It holds up well through shipping as long as you keep it tightly sealed. Best of all, if you know a person with nut allergies, this mixed sesame seed brittle has the same great taste and texture, but without all the terrible allergic reactions and death.
- 1 cup nuts or sesame seeds (preferably sesame seeds and almonds, a combination)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Cook sugar, water and syrup until it reaches soft crack stage and is a golden amber color (about 260 degrees)
- Add sesame seeds and almonds. Stir until coated.
- Add butter, soda and vanilla at the very end. Stir thoroughly and pour out onto parchment paper or silpat mat.
- Let cool completely before breaking into chunks