You know what my favorite guilty pleasure, 3am, stoned in college snack was? It was peanut butter, banana and nutella sandwiches.
Making this recipe brought both very amazing flavors. It was rich and delicious. I promise it didn't last very long...
This post is submitted to yeastspotting.
Peanut Butter Nutella Swirl Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 pack active dry yeast
- ½ cup warm milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp nutella
- 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- Proof yeast in the warm milk, melted butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Mix liquids with with flour and knead until pliable, springy and smooth. Let rise 45 minutes
- Mix nutella and peanut butter. Spread on parchment paper in 10x4 rectangle and freeze for 45 minutes
- Roll dough out into a 12x16 rectangle. Place frozen chocolate in center and fold dough over in thirds, pinching at the edges.
- Fold dough in thirds again in the other direction. You should now have a square
- Gently roll square into a rectangle, folding once more in thirds. Be gentle so filling does not ooze out the sides. You should now have a skinny rectangle. Repeat as many times as desired for more stripes.
- From this point, roll dough so it is still skinny, but about 12-16 inches long. Cut into thirds
- Braid dough and let rest another 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bake 30 minutes until brown on top.