After a failed white chocolate cupcake recipe, I had a a lot of white chocolate chips left.
Normally, I'm not a fan of white chocolate. It's too sweet and doesn't have the same rich flavor. But I do like white chocolate in ultra chocolate cookies. It just feels right that way, though the white chocolate does have the same cloying sweetness it normally does.
These cookies are moist and chewy. The cookie itself is not to sweet and has a great flavor punctuated by the sweetness of the white chocolate.
White Chocolate Chunk Chocolate Cookies
- ½ (1 stick) butter, softened
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, mixing until completely combined.
- In a separate bowl, combined flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to flour mixture, stirring until combined.
- Fold in white chocolate chips and drop by tablespoon onto baking sheet
- Bake 10 minutes and allow to cool for 5 before removing from the pan.