We live here now

It's been a month since I was able to make a post to this blog. We moved cross country a week and a half ago and life has been absolutely crazed. With finding jobs, buying furniture, moving, getting settled in our new apartment and (thankfully) getting the rest of our stuff in 3 days, life has been insane. Things are finally getting a sense of normalcy now. I finally made dinner in our house for the first time since arriving. It wasn't anything impressive...just pork chops with asparagus and brown rice. It was the best I could do with one pan, one knife, a cutting board and a rice cooker. No baking dishes, no pots... just the bare bones until the rest of our stuff.

Life in LA is....different. I'm from California but LA is its own beast. Traffic sucks, the weather is beautiful, the people are no more beautiful than normal people and "preventative botox" is a thing (botox before you get wrinkles). I think I hate it and then there are things that I love about it. It makes me wonder how the next two years are going to go, but I know we'll be able to come out okay in the end.

I mean, I get to play here...



And here....




Most importantly, I get to eat here...




And this was all just week 1. Wish me luck on the rest of my exploration!

Comments