Ricotta Pancakes with Peach topping


 
I don't know where you would find peaches now, as this recipe is leftover from the wonderful days of summer. I never got around to posting it, but ricotta pancakes are something you can all enjoy all year round. You can substitute the peaches for any fruit you might have on hand. Stewed apples would be really great at this time of year and blueberries would be equally wonderful in a couple months.

I only ever make these pancakes the weekend after I make lasagna or ravioli. I always have more ricotta cheese than I need and it goes bad so quickly. These pancakes are a great way to use up leftover ricotta cheese. I got my recipe from The Kitchn and it's pretty fantastic. You can serve these with maple syrup or jam, or do what I do and serve with macerated fruit and Greek yogurt.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 2 eggs, separated
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
Directions
  1. Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt
  2. In a separate bowl, mix together milk, egg yolks, vanilla and ricotta cheese.
  3. Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form.
  4. Add liquid ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined. Fold in egg whites.
  5. Cook pancakes as you normally would and serve with desired toppings.

Comments

Post a Comment