Pimento Cheese Dip



Pimento cheese is one of those horrible things I've learned to love since moving to Virginia. I always loved it growing up because my nanny would have it at her house from time to time, but I didn't have it for almost 20 years. I moved out here and had it at a friend's house as part of a cheese tray and I was hooked all over again. It's so delicious even though I know it's just cheese and mayonnaise. I know it's so bad for you yet it's one of my favorite things with crackers or crusty bread.

You can alter it to fit your tastes, but I make it with a combination of cream cheese and cheddar. I like the texture the cream cheese gives. This is a guess since I never really make it the same way twice, but give it a shot for your next football party.

Ingredients
  • 2 oz cream cheese, whipped until soft
  • 1/2 cup diced pimento peppers
  • 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or more if desired)
  • a couple spoonfulls of mayonnaise
  • salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste.
Directions
  1. Mix cream cheese until soft. Add pimento peppers and cheddar cheese and mix until just combined. Add in mayonnaise and adjust seasoning to taste.

Comments