Japanese Style Cheesecake

 
I have never been a cheesecake fan. I know, that seems like blasphemy. So many people love cheesecake but I've always found it to be too heavy and rich. This is one the few cheesecakes I love because it has the flavors of cheesecake, but the lightness of a soufflé. I cannot recommend this enough.
 
Sometimes when I have extra cream cheese, I'll make half a recipe in a small 4 inch springform pan. I serve it with fresh fruit or a fruit syrup.
 
Japanese Cheesecake

 
Ingredients
  • 300 grams cream cheese
  • 45 grams unsalted butter
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 20 grams sugar
  • 11 grams cornstarch
  • 150 grams milk
  • 55 grams sugar
  • 3 egg whites

 
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Melt butter over a double boiler with cream cheese until both ingredients are combined.
  3. Mix yolks, 20 grams sugar and starch separately.
  4. Heat milk and temper into the egg yolks. Mix those into the cream cheese
  5. Beat egg whites until peaks form. Add the 55 grams of sugar.
  6. Fold into the cream cheese mixture. Pour into prepared 8inch springform pan and bake for 15 minutes. Lower temperature to 325, bake 25 minutes, then turn oven off and leave cake for another 40 minutes

 
 

Comments