This might sounds like a weird combination, but it's a perfect summer sorbet. It's subtle, complex and holds all the flavors of spring in one bite. It is a perfect palate cleanser and it cuts the most heavy, greasiest foods.
Best of all, this drink makes an amazing cocktail. Put a scoop of this in a tall glass with some Pimms, gin, soda water and slices of fresh cucumber. Either that, or serve with rum and soda water for a great, new take on a mojito.
If you're still missing a refreshing dessert for your spring table, give this one a shot. I swear you won't be disappointed.
Cucumber, Mint, Lime Sorbet
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 oz mint leaves (about 1 cup)
- 18 oz cucumber, skins and seeds removed
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, add mint leaves and let steep for half an hour, moving from time to time to middle the mint. Let cool completely before adding it to the cucumber
- Put your cucumber and lime juice in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Add cooled simple syrup to the cucumber and lime juice. Mix well and churn according to your ice cream maker directions.