Ginger Cranberry Sauce



This isn't any different than a normal cranberry sauce recipe you'd find on the back of a bag of cranberries. However, I've always found that cranberry sauce too sweet and like to spice it up a bit with a few other flavors. I would probably put more ginger in mine next time, but I suppose it depends how spicy you like it.

The only downside of cranberry sauce: it makes me wish I could find cranberries in the store all year, not just in that glorious period between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Cranberry Sauce

Ingredients
  • 12 oz fresh cranberries
  • ⅔ cup sugar
  • zest 1 orange
  • juice from one orange + enough water to equal 1 cup
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 1 pinch ground cloves
  • 2 inches or fresh grated ginger


Directions
  1. Dissolve sugar, water, cinnamon, cloves and ginger together until simmering.
  2. Add cranberries and simmer for 10 minutes until they have popped. Remove cinnamon stick

Comments