Fruit Gummies

Gummy bears have always been one of my favorite candies. The texture is what gets me. It brings back memories of childhood and is oh so similar to the great gold bags of Harbio bears.

This recipe is chewy and uses any fruit juice you desire. For this one, I used Tropicana blueberry pomegranate juice, but in the future I would recommend those Trader Joes 100% fruit juices as opposed to the cocktails. They will have a more intense flavor.

I left these gummies plain, but in the future I would roll them in sugar and citric acid to make them taste like sour patch kids.


Fruit Gummies 

Ingredients

  •  4 tbsp (4 envelopes) unflavored gelatin 
  • ⅔ cup strained fruit juice (I used pomegranate blueberry)
  • 6 tbsp sugar 
  • 4 tbsp light corn syrup 
  • food coloring if desired 
  • superfine sugar or citric acid 


 Directions

  1. Cook juice, syrup and sugar over medium heat until sugar dissolves 
  2. Soften gelatin in 4 tbsp water Stir in gelatin and continue stirring until it too is completely dissolved
  3. Pour into prepared 6 inch pan and let set until set completely
  4.  Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutter or sharp knife.
  5.  Roll in super fine sugar or citric acid combination if desired, or serve plain.

Comments