I only ever make these pancakes the weekend after I make lasagna or ravioli. I always have more ricotta cheese than I need and it goes bad so quickly. These pancakes are a great way to use up leftover ricotta cheese. I got my recipe from The Kitchn and it's pretty fantastic. You can serve these with maple syrup or jam, or do what I do and serve with macerated fruit and Greek yogurt.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt
- In a separate bowl, mix together milk, egg yolks, vanilla and ricotta cheese.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Add liquid ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined. Fold in egg whites.
- Cook pancakes as you normally would and serve with desired toppings.