Homemade Pizza Dough


It has been a very long time since the last time I've blogged. It got to be so long, and then it got to be longer. Then I became embarrassed about being away so long and then it just became harder and harder to get back. It's like writing thank you cards too long after Christmas (though I must say, I wrote and sent all my thank you cards today). Good for me.

I stopped blogging as much after I got my first smart phone. I didn't need to take pictures with a traditional camera anymore to share my dinners on facebook. It makes one lazy. And then I got engaged and stuff. It makes everything much more complicated to find time.

But since it is shortly after Christmas and I have the day off, I thought I"d share a great recipe for homemade pizza with you. You can put anything you want on your pizza. Mine has tomatoes, onion, mushrooms and arugula salad. With or without tomato sauce, it's fantastic.

This post has been submitted to Yeastspotting

Pizza Dough

Ingredients
  • 3.6 oz bread flour
  • 2.2 oz water
  • pinch of yeast
  • 14.6 oz bread flour
  • 10.2 oz warm water
  • 1 ½ tsp salt
  • ½ tsp yeast
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil

Directions

  1. The day before, mix 3.6 oz bread flour, 2.2 oz water and pinch of yeast. Cover and leave at room temperature until the next day.
  2. Mix bread flour, water, salt, yeast and the ferment on low speed for 3 minutes until mix comes together.
  3. Turn mixer up to medium speed and add olive oil. Mix until dough is springy and elastic. Cover with plastic and let rise in warm place for 1 hour
  4. Remove dough from bowl and stretch/fold a couple times. Cover and let rise another hour.
  5. Flour dough and stretch to cover a 16 inch pizza pan. Spread with sauce/desired toppings and bake at 425 for 12 minutes or until done.

Comments