It has been a very long time since the last time I've blogged. It got to be so long, and then it got to be longer. Then I became embarrassed about being away so long and then it just became harder and harder to get back. It's like writing thank you cards too long after christmas. It gets so much more difficult that way.
But I've had this photo and this recipe sitting around for a long time wanting to be uploaded. I thought there would be no better time than now to start again.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup capers
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Butterfly chicken breasts and cut in half. Season with salt and pepper and dredge in flour
- Heat 2 Tbsp butter and 3 Tbsp olive oil in a pan. Add chicken and brown on both sides. Remove to plate
- Deglaze pan with lemon and chicken stock, scraping up the brown delicious bits. Add capers and simmer chicken in sauce another 5 minutes
- Remove chicken from sauce, turn to low, and whisk in another 2 Tbsp cold butter to thicken the sauce
- Top with parsley and serve with pasta