Chili Mango Arugula Salad (with cashews!)


Summer is a time for salads. They're refreshing, light, and go perfectly with hot weather. With the last couple weeks being 100+ degrees and over 80% humidity, I didn't want to turn on the oven at all. It was time for dinner salads, and lots of them.

This is one of my favorite side salads for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I love with with eggs in the morning, with a sandwich (or on its own) in the afternoon, and with fish or anything vaguely caribbean themed at night. It's sweet, savory and spicy all at the same time.

Chili Mango Salad

Ingredients

  • 1 mango, julienned
  • 1/2 bag arugula
  • 1 small hand full of cashews
  • juice from one or two limes
  • 2 Tbsp whole cilantro leaves
  • 1 tsp crushed red chili flakes (give or take, depending on preference)
  • olive oil (about 2 tsp)
  • salt and pepper to taste.
Directions
  1. Slice mango and toss with red chili flakes and cashews to coat evenly with the spice.
  2. Toss with arugula and dress with lime juice, salt, pepper and oil to personal preference. I don't put very much oil at all, but I put a lot of lemon/lime juice. I also have a greater arugula to mango ratio

Comments