Heidelberg Pastry Shop - A Restaurant Review


Heidelberg Pastry Shop
2150 North Culpeper Street
Arlington VA 22207
(703) 527 - 8394
http://www.heidelbergbakery.com/

Heidelberg Pastry Shop is within a couple miles of my house. I'd heard about this amazing German bakery and finally got the chance to try it out.

I looked first at their bread section. Most were soft sandwich bread looking loaves like multigrain or oatmeal breads. There was some great looking challah as well, but I was looking to try the baked goods that afternoon.

Pictured above are a pretzel, cheese crackers and marzipan. The pretzel was soft and chewy with that essential pretzel taste. They're made in house, as you can see from the ugly shape of the pretzels. The cheese crackers were very buttery and delicious. I could have easily eaten a whole bag of the. And the marzipan was delicious and beautiful. Regular price is about $4 but I got a day old piece which was only $2. They came mostly in fruit and vegetable shapes, but there were some animals as well.

I also discovered that Heidelberg sells real food as well. You can go in for house made sausages and German style potato salad. The sausages smelled fantastic and they were only served one way: with mustard and sauerkraut. No ketchup in this joint.

Check it out if you get a chance.

Comments