I don't know if I can even call this a "brownie"
The main ingredients are butter, chocolate, eggs, cheese and sugar. There's so little flour, this seemed almost like a flourless chocolate cake. It was merely an afterthought to cradle all these other, amazing ingredients
The flavor is dark and rich. The brownies are heavy, and you will intake far too many calories by eating just one square. But these brownies are the best, most decadent brownies you will ever have.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder, not dutch process
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
Ingredients for ganache
- 6 tbsp heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325
- Melt butter in saucepan and pour over chocolate. Stir until chocolate is dissolved.
- Add sugar and cocoa powder
- Beat in cheese, eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined
- Fold in flour and salt.
- Pour batter into prepared 8x8 or 9 inch round pan, making sure to spread evenly
- Bake 45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean
- While brownies are cooling, Melt butter and heavy cream in saucepan until mixture is just below a boil.
- Pour cream and butter over chocolate. Let sit for 30 seconds and stir until chocolate is fully dissolved
- Spread ganache over brownies and let cool/harden completely before slicing and serving