It's Secret Recipe Club time of the month again. Ya'll know what Secret Recipe Club is and how it works. All the members make another blogger's recipe (in secret) and reveal on a particular day. Normally we split into 3 groups, but sometimes we do special weeks where you can get matched with folks from other groups. This month has 5 Mondays so we get to have an extra fun themed reveal day. Since today is Memorial Day, we were all charged with making something you could bring to a picnic or BBQ.
This week, I had the pleasure of browsing Adventures in All Things Food by Andrea. She has a great blog with plenty of recipes and crafts that fit in with her wonderful farm life. I wanted to go with something a little different for this week so I opted to make her Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp. I absolutely love rhubarb and I saw it at the store for the first time this season. As much as I like traditional bbq or grilled items, this sounded far more delicious and something totally different to bring to my friend's potluck.
Thanks Andrea for this wonderful recipe!
- 5 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 5 cups fresh chopped rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- juice of one orange
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Mix together strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, orange zest, orange juice and cornstarch in a large bowl. Place into a large baking dish
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, oats, sugar, and salt. Quickly cut in butter and spread topping over fruit
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour until lightly browned and bubbly. Enjoy plain or with ice cream or really, any way you'd like.
One Year Ago Dutch Baby
Two Years Ago Orange Olive Oil Cake
Three Years Ago: Japanese Potato Salad
Four Years Ago: Kaleidoscope Cookies