This is yet another simple, delicious risotto recipe. It's perfect with fish or pork for any time of year. Make it, enjoy it, savor it.
- In a saucepan, simmer chicken stock in low heat with saffron
- Heat oil over medium heat in a different saucepan. Add onion and sautee until softened
- Add lemon zest and cook until fragrant. Add rice and stir until each grain in coated with oil and semi translucent
- Add white wine and stir until fully absorbed.
- Add stock a ladle-full a at a time, stirring frequently. Add the next ladle after most has been absorbed but the rice is never fully dry.
- When the rice is tender but firm and looks creamy, quickly stir in a reserved 1/4 cup stock and the tablespoon of butter. Gently fold in fennel and peas. Season to taste, garnish with fennel fronds and serve immediately.
One Year Ago: Pozole Rojo
Two Years Ago: Beet and Goat Cheese Ravioli
Three Years Ago: One Pan Chocolate Cake
Four Years Ago: Pomme De Terre Macaire