Yesterday was IHOP free pancake day: an amazing day of the year. I haven't eaten at an IHOP in ages, but given that it was my day off, I thought pancakes still sounded like a fabulous idea.
These pancakes are extremely light and fluffy. They taste like the ones you would get at a place like IHOP, and they go perfectly with real maple syrup. Best of all, the ratios are equal numbers of everything, and are therefore super super easy to remember.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk (maybe a little more to the right consistency)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 Tbsp sugar (I always add just a little bit more butter and sugar)
- Mix together all dry ingredients
- Add egg, butter and buttermilk, mixing gently. Don't remove all the lumps
- Cook pancakes on heated pan. Flip when bubbles form on one side and stay (just like normal pancake instructions)